Testing One's Limits

Testing one's limits may create a risk factor but it is the only way to find out what you are truly capable of." mc reinhardt 

For some, it will be just the being next to the human being they love most. 
For some, it will be the dream of a long wish, and the anticipated fulfillment  of such is the fuel of the driving engine.
For some, it is the bike ride at any moment steaming onto the winding paths  that lay ahead demanding full concentration that brings peace to the mind and soul.
For some, it is the writing of words that convey dreams and hopes.
For some it is this or nothing, or something else. 

Being is. Being is in-itself. Being is what it is. (Satre)
What is it?
For me, it is the unknown tarrain that will challenge all I have - my body, my soul, my worries, my fear, and my capabilities, my happiness with who I have become --- and always a question of what I will become. It is the absilute silence in which I stand and hear only my thoughts, but also feel my senses active at the highest level. It is there, where I find peace and my troubles ease.

To find how my knees will do, I seek to see for myself. I need to feel it. 
To find out where I belong and what I want to do, this is one environment that gives me the opportunity to search. 

Therefore, I will go today and weight my options of another attempt on Mt. Whitney during winter. Why winter? because it is not a mad house like in summer with hundreds of people on the mountain, no permit, the solitude of snow and probably no one else on the mountain, the challenge under winter conditions, and the scenery.

For me, it is definitely being able to step a step and see A! path. The outcome is not so important as the path I am writing into the nothing...


 





 
Bookmark and Share

No comments: